Monday, March 2, 2009

Dr. Seuss and Snow day

We have snow once again! In March!! I have to say I am pretty disgusted! The weather was in the 70s Friday and Sunday night we are getting snow. I have no problem with snow (except people don't know how to drive in it here....me included) but I would like the weather to pick something and stick with it. Mother Nature is being very fickle! To make matters worse everyone in our household is in varying stages of a cold...going out to play the snow is not such a good idea.

Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday. Kanayla's class at school had a big celebration planned so we have had our own celebration at home today. I discovered we have more than 7 Dr. Seuss books, which we have read each one today. Kanayla even memorized a section of Green Eggs and Ham. Then we watched the movie, "Horton, Hears a Who!" Last I printed out coloring pages and our home is decorated like a Dr.Seuss book. It's been fun!

It has been nice to have Kanayla home from school today. She helped me plan and organize tonights FHE and Xavien loves having his big sister around to tease and torment (in other words play with.) I hope all of the rest of you are having great Monday's too.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

That sounds like a very cool Dr. Seuss celebration. We got a TON of snow too. I don't like the snow, especially in March. But the kids enjoyed it so I guess it was good for something.

SuburbiaMom said...

Tonight we're going to the kids' school for a celebration around the world, put on to remember the "Oh, the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss. We have put together a display on China.

Sounds like you had a great snow day Seuss celebration!!

Micaela said...

Sounds like fun! We had the storm just before it hit you guys, I think, although we were on the south end of it, so we only got 4 inches by Saturday morning. Much better than the 7 inches we got two weeks before. I totally agree with you about mother nature making up her mind... We keep going on the roller coaster with temperatures too. very odd. Anyway, glad you had a fun day!

Quinn and Tiffany said...

AW! I think that is so cute you put a dr.seus(sp?) picture on your blog. I know thats totally dumb to comment on. But i really liked it and it sounds way cool that you dida ll that stuff for his birthday. I saw horton hears a who and i thought that a cute movie. I want to add it to our dvd collection one day.

Della Hill said...

Hi-
I found your blog when I wasw google searching Dr. Suess looking for a pic to put on my blog.
So I thought I'd leave a message.
I enjoyed your blog.
Thanks for the pic!
-Della

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.