Monday, June 16, 2008

Paints, Father's Day and Parks


We have been busy the past few days!! On Saturday our stake had a softball tournament. Matthew was in charge of planning it and playing in it. I took the kids and played at the playground for a while. Ivie got to experience the baby swings and even though the pics do not show it...she was laughing. Xavien kept climbing up the playground and equipment and then refusing to slide down the slide. Silly boy! Still I wish I could find a decent park closer to us....


On Father's Day, Kanayla woke up Matthew with a card that she wrote saying "I love you Daddy!" She made it all by herself and was extremely proud of herself. I have been blessed to have a wonderful Father and husband in my life. I am very appreciative to all that Matthew and Dad do for me and the kids. Thanks you guys!

Today, I found a recipe for some puffy paint. All you do is mix equal parts of flour and salt. Add water and coloring and ta-da you have paint. You put the paint in squeeze bottles and the kids had a ball. Here is some examples of their artwork. Xavien's looks like the Jackson Poll
ock while Kanayla tried to make images with her paint! They loved the paint so I will have to let them paint with this more often. We will have to see how long the paint in the bottle lasts until it dries out. My kids are little artists!

No comments: