Sunday, September 14, 2008

School Bugs

We have officially been in school for 2 weeks now! Kanayla is loving it! I am discovering new friends in the ward with playdates for Xavien and Ivie. Lots of great new things.

Of course a monkey wrench has to occur. Kanayla caught a nasty cold that has you lose your voice too. Not fun :( It has kept us fairly housebound for the past few days. She seems to be over the worst of it but I am still thinking about keeping her home tomorrow.

Kanayla received one of the weekly awards this week as well. The reward was taking a stuffed Curious George home for a weekend sleepover. Xavien has fallen in love with the George! Seriously I have NEVER seen him get so worked up over a toy before and we have had several fits about cars and trains. Matthew and I are considering getting him one for his birthday but is that rewarding bad behavior? Xavien has probably spent more time in time out this weekend than ever too....all because he wants the Curious George. Whoever thought Curious George would be such a hot commodity?

2 comments:

Micaela said...

Oh, I'm sure we'd have to get at least two in our house- my kids LOVE Curious George. Ashelyn always tells me she's so curious just like George...

And I am so not looking forward to the school bugs hitting, especially since they are saying that the "super" lice are hitting our area. Can we say EEWWW!?!?!?

Jamie said...

I am sorry to hear Kanayla caught a bug YUCK!!! Hopefully won't spread through out your house.

Curious George is a fun toy, I would cry too :) I don't think its rewarding him, if its for his birthday. If you ran and got it day then maybe but not for his bday. That is smart parenting in my opinion.