Wednesday, September 24, 2008

From the peanut gallery


I have been having a hard time getting Kanayla to eat any of her lunch at school recently. I've been a bit concerned about it because she wants to eat a cup of applesauce in the morning, a cup of fruit at snack, no lunch and then she eats dinner. I didn't think she was getting enough food. So I've been stressing how important it is that she eats her lunch. A few days ago she came home and said, "At lunch today my brain told me you would be impressed if I ate all my food. Are you impressed?" Not sure how a brain can talk but whatever works!!

Xav is no longer a momma's boy. Sniff Sniff For whatever reason he wakes me up 2-3 times a night for probably the last 4 months. Lately, though, when I put him back to bed he tells me "Not momma. Daddy!! Daddy!" Perfectly fine with me! Let Matthew lose the sleep! :)

I have been trying to talk more with Xavien to improve his speech. He LOVES trains and cars so I figured those would be good ways to get him to talk more. I was trying to get Xavien to tell me why he likes trains so much....fast, wheels, sounds etc. Xavien looks up at me and says "No mom, trains pretty!" I would have never thought about trains being pretty before, it must be a boy thing.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

YOur kids are so stinking cute, the things they say are priceless.

I am really sorry to hear Xav wakes up so much that must be so hard.

Kristina said...

Unfortunately we are getting used to his nighttime habits. Kanayla went through something similar when she was his age where she would sleep in front of our bathroom door everynight. So we are hoping this is just a phase. :)