Sunday, October 5, 2008

Soccer



One of the things we started with Kanayla when she started Kindergarten is soccer. I really want my kids to all be involved in a sport and so far soccer is what she has shown the most interest in. Right now Kanayla is in an instructional league....more like lessons where the kids learn basic skills and then scrimmage at the end of the lesson. We want to sign her up for a team in the spring and hopefully this will teach her more control with kicks etc. Kanayla is loving it! She is one of the biggest in her class (which is weird cause she is average size really) and Matthew reports that she is getting alot better.

I'm planning some for Xav and Ivie soon so I'll post some pics of them then....right now they are being neglected in blog world. :)

3 comments:

Being An Allred said...

Holy Cow isn't been forever. I ran into your brother on campus a few weeks ago. Small world huh! I so glad that you and your family are well. I told you parents I was moving. Please keep in touch. Email sometime @ amelia.allred@gmail.com

Wendi said...

Sweet! Shannon is looking forward to doing soccer. (I missed the signup deadline, though, so we will wait for spring soccer.)

Kristina said...

We kept missing the deadline too! We meant to sign Kanayla up over a year ago and would remember the day or 2 after registration was over. When spring comes we should send reminders to everyone.... :) I bet Shannon will enjoy it too!