Friday, October 10, 2008

Museum Day





Kanayla had a teacher work day today so we went with the Museum of Life and Science. It is a great museum and that is very interactive for kids so no matter how many times you go there is still plenty to play with and do. A bunch of us from the ward met at the museum so the kids had playmates to see everything with. While it is exhausting to go on these outings....for some odd reason I always end up going at a time that infringes on naptime and that equates Xavien throwing fits and Xavien's temper tantrums not only exhaust me mentally but physically too, the trips are worth it. At least that is what I tell myself.

There was a great playground that the kids had a ball climbing around and playing in the sandbox.


We also went to a butterfly house and saw a bunch of butterflies being released. There were too many people there to see the actual release but I did get a pic of one of the butterflies on a flower.



The coolest thing was a sound room....if you stood on the sound board (which covered about half the room) it made different sounds to go along with your movement! It was incredibly loud but a lot of fun! Kanayla covered her ears the entire time while Xavien and Ivie ran all over the board.

I'm not sure if I could go to the museum every week but every once in a while is a lot of fun! Right now, however, I think that this bear has the right idea... its time for everyone to take a nap!

1 comment:

ldsjaneite said...

Sounds like it was a good time! It's nice kids can have such fun activities and places