Saturday, May 14, 2011

Baby Sea Turtles


When I was a sophomore in high school I had to make a working model of a sea turtle. Ever since I have a special place in my heart for sea turtles. I find a lot of peace and relaxation watching sea turtles swim. My kids have inherited (or been forced) into a love of sea turtles too. We are planning a beach trip this summer to watch a sea turtle hatching. I can't wait! Each of them have their own stuffed turtle and play countless hours of pretend play with the turtles.
Xavien and Ivie play 'baby sea turtles' everyday. Their turtles have names, personalities, voices and everything you can think of. I love that all my children have such a love for animals. I love the creativity I get to witness when they do not realize I am watching or listening.

The sea turtles in the picture includes Aunt Heidi's turtles as well.

3 comments:

Quinn and Tiffany said...

I remember your thing about turtles. You had turtle earrings, which I think I took, and you had a turtle ring that I always liked. I remember thinking turtles were cool because you liked them. I am glad that the children like them too.

Quinn and Tiffany said...

I forgot to add to my comment- That hatching sounds really neat. I hope you are able to take pictures of it- I have never seen a hatching.

ldsjaneite said...

I am so jealous about the turtle hatching! Have fun!

I like that picture. :-)