Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Answered Prayers

Last month the starter in our van died, so, we replaced it and everything was fine until a week ago. Once again the van started having issues 1 out of 3 times we would try to start it. Needless to say the van is once again visiting the shop on Friday. Yesterday I had to run to the grocery store with the kids for dinner stuff. The van had trouble starting.....Kanayla offered to say a prayer. Ta-da! The van starts! Yipee!!!

This may seem silly but Kanayla was so impressed that her prayer was answered right away! All she could talk about for the rest of the day was that Jesus does listen to prayers. Her faith is very inspiring and it is instances like this that makes me think of the scripture about 'becoming as a little child.' It is so true!

6 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Sweetness--in the cool sense and the "Awww" sense.

Ashley said...

That is so cool that her prayer was answered right away like that! I remember when I was a kid I lost something and had looked everywhere for it, and so I said a prayer that I would find it, opened my eyes, and immediately found it! It was such a little thing, but a total faith-builder for me as a kid.

Jamie said...

What a neat experience for her. It cool how small little expereince like that can really build your faith.

I had a great chatting with you and Alicia the other night. THanks for holding Crabby Gabi, it was nice to have a break. Thanks for all you do, your such a fabulous person.

Micaela said...

That is really cool! What a humbling experience as a parent too... :) I love to see how Ashelyn experiences and tries to understand having faith.

M-Z-T said...

Funny.

If your car is dying after replacing the starter, check to see if the tip of your key is bent. Sometimes bent or bending keys cause a miss-read in the starting column. My brother was having issues and after a while we replaced the key and now his car starts up fine.

Joe Wilde said...

it's the faith of a child that gets stuff done when ya have kids, at least that's the conclusion I came to in San Diego...