Friday, July 11, 2008

Growing Pains.....


Ivie has had an interesting couple of weeks. She has managed to grow 2 inches and now bumps into everything because she isn't used to the added height. Ivie is walking into all the tables and desks etc. Her other development is cutting her first molar. This has been a traumatic experience...Ivie is my first child to get the sniffles and mild fever that sometimes comes with a new tooth. She is cranky, tired, and refuses to eat! :( Today I thought a bath would help calm her (she's my waterbaby!) We were running the water, I had just finished taking off her clothes and diaper and had turned around to throw the dirty diaper away. When I spun back around Ivie was looking up at me with huge tears in her eyes and a puddle of pee on the floor! She looked down and the floor and just started screaming. I wish I took a picture because she looked so sad and miserable and cute. Hopefully this growth spurt will end soon....

5 comments:

Wendi said...

LOL! Cameron did the same thing the other day as I was getting him ready for his bath. I took off his diaper, and was "packaging" it for disposal when Cameron started screaming behind me. Sure enough, he was making a little puddle and was very distraught by it.

Gina said...

Poor little gal!

So...I've been trying to figure out the title of your blog. Where does that come from?!

Kristina said...

It is a Tice family joke. Honestly, I don't get it very well but Matthew and his brothers think it is hilarious. I'll get Matthew to explain it later.

Joe Wilde said...

it sounds like you need mini-momma (Kanayla) to help ya make sure she doesn't bump into everything anymore

Micaela said...

Lol! That's pretty cute and sad all at the same time. Hopefully she had a better day today. :)