Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Soccer Players in the Making

.


Matthew enjoyed watching the EuroCup on TV this year (VIVA ESPANA!!! (edit by Matthew))....and Xavien was paying attention! Like all little boys, Xavien enjoys balls but ever since he saw soccer being played on TV it has become one of his favorite activities. Xavien runs around the house kicking the ball and trying to tackle anyone who happens to play soccer with him. Quite cute! To encourage his foray into sports, I took the kids out to a little patch of grass outside the building to kick the soccer ball around in real grass. They LOVED it!! We had to avoid all the dog poopies though! (People should really clean up after their pets. Seriously, I have curious toddlers here! No need to deal with dog poopies too! )

Since the mission was a success my next assignment is to find a soccer field or good substitute within walking distance...or get people to clean up after their pets!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

That looks like such a fun family activity! And wow Kristina, your oldest girl looks SO much like you! Do people tell you that a lot?

Kristina said...

Actually it is about half and half....my family thinks Kanayla looks exactly like Matthew and his family thinks she looks like me! Thanks for the compliment! Either way I think that she is adorable but then I'm her mom! :)

Anonymous said...

they look cute! I cant wait to see them. Kanayla looks so big now! Its good they are playing a sport outside. Maybe quinn and matt can play with them-Quinn played soccer for a fwe years

Wendi said...

I can't make up my mind who Kanayla looks like more. Sometimes I think she looks exactly like you, and then I think she looks just like Matthew. Oh well. The same thing happens with my kids. People tell me Shannon looks just like me, and then there are people who say "Oh she looks just like her Daddy!" I think I will give up on trying to figure it out.

And I totally agree about the dog poo! I don't leave my kids dirty diapers on peoples lawns, so I don't think they should leave their dog poo on mine.

nelsonjeneen said...

Hey Kristina,
I just realized I hadn't linked our blog to yours. So i just did it. I finally realized you had a blog!!! Now I can keep up with how you guys are doing? How are things in NC?
Jill

Kristina said...

Jill: Hi! Things are going great here. The weather hasn't been too bad out here so we have been doing lots of outdoor activities. The Youth just got done with their pioneer trek...it went well. How was the move to UT?

Allison said...

Yay, Kristina has a blog! You must've found out about mine from Gina. She was in town last week and said she got to hang out with you recently. I just love blogs, don't you? It's such a great way to keep updated! By the way, your kids are so much bigger than when I last saw them a year ago! Hope you're doing well!