Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mom-cation

One of the perks about working for the church is that Matthew gets a vacation day on Pioneer Day. This year he decided that I should take a couple days and go somewhere (just me) to get a break from everything and everyone! YEA!!! So now the problem is that I have no problem going down the street holing up in a hotel room and reading for 2 days straight ( I know, I'm pathetic :)) but to justify the expense of a hotel room I feel like I need to do 'something'. Any ideas.....

5 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, how fun! Are you staying around town?? You should at least get a girlfriend to go with you for a massage and pedicures!

Ashley said...

I didn't know Matthew works for the church. Wow what a great husband, using his day off to be with the kids while you get to do something fun! Awesome! I agree about the massage and pedicures, that's probably what I'd do. Maybe I'd go see a fun chick flick in the movie theater too. :)

Kristina said...

Yes, I am going to stay around town! Massage and pedicure would be fun. So would a movie. :) Matthew has had quite a few business trips this year so this is my reward. I am really looking forward to my getaway!

Joe Wilde said...

Dark Knight is a good movie if ya don't have the kids with ya, which you wont. I say just take time to yourself, do things you wanna do, but don't go too nuts

Micaela said...

Sweet! What to do all by yourself? :) I think the massage and pedicure sound really nice! Ooh! I wish I could come :)!! I think I'd like to go someplace nice to eat where I don't have to worry about disturbing the "atmosphere". Although, going alone to a movie would be less awkard than going to a restaurant by yourself. I think I'd go "shopping" too- just to be able to walk around a store/mall without having to get something for the kids or telling them not to touch... Ok, so I really need to get out! Haha! I hope you have fun whatever you decide to do!